Unison backs Kier Starmer for Labour Leadership and Angela Rayner for Deputy Leadership
Read the full articles here:
Winter Fuel Grant 2019-20
We are delighted to be launching this year’s Winter Fuel Grant Programme next week on Monday 2 December!
The Winter Fuel Grant Programme is run by UNISON’s charity, There for You. It is a limited fund to help UNISON members who are on a low income with their heating costs over the winter.
PAY CLAIM 2020
UNISON submitted a pay claim for all council and school workers, employed on NJC pay in England, Wales and Northern Ireland on 24 July 2019. UNISON, GMB and Unite’s joint claim is asking the Local Government Association for:
- A real living wage of £10 per hour for the lowest paid (NJC scp 1)
- A 10% increase for everyone else
- A one day increase to the minimum paid annual leave entitlement
- A two hour reduction in the standard working week
- A comprehensive joint national review of the workplace causes of stress and mental health
There For You
Members experiencing financial and emotional difficulties can contact our welfare charity, There for You, which provides a confidential advice and support service for members and their dependants.
Advice for our EU Members as Brexit approaches
If you are an EU National and a Unison member, you can contact us for advice about your status in the UK after Brexit.