Are you a school based Ealing Unison Member?
You are invited to attend The Education review meeting will be taking place on Wednesday 16th October between 5-7pm at the Old Unison Office, 4th Floor of Ealing Town Hall.
With over 700 members across Schools in Ealing, we are here to offer support, advice and representation on a range of work-related matters such as:
- Support Staff Terms and Conditions- Pay and pensions, term time working, special leave, School policies and procedures, maternity/paternity leave
- Sickness absence, disciplinary, grievance
- Job descriptions and job roles
- Staff restructures and redundancy
- Health and Safety advice and support- risk assessments, staff wellbeing, employers legal obligations
- Flexible work requests
Unison is recognised to collectively bargain with Ealing Council and Ealing Schools on policies and procedures and any consultations which affect terms and conditions, such as staff restructures and proposed changes to local working practises.
Unison has recently balloted school members in England to ask them about Schools funding. Thanks to all of you who took part.
Ealing achieved a 56% turnout in the ballot, the highest in the country! Over 80% of members said that they would be prepared to take industrial action to defend terms and conditions. Unison will now consider regionally and nationally the next steps in or aim to increase schools funding and protect, preserve and defend our members jobs.